Adventurer/author Jeffrey Ryan climbed America’s most famous volcano 30 years apart. Inspired by nature’s comeback, he wrote his latest book Blast: My Return to Mount Saint Helens.
Book Covers and Author Head Shot
Jeff Ryan, Author
Appalachian Trail maps
Appalachian Odyssey In The News
- Reader’s Favorite Ranks “Hermit” a 5-Star Read - The author's holy grail is the story that readers can't stop reading. I was grateful to receive that kind of feedback when I was drafting and editing my manuscript from a hand-selected audience of publishing professionals and friends. A few weeks ago, I sent a review copy of my manuscript for Hermit: The Mysterious Life of Jim Whyte to the folks at Reader's Favorite. Here's what they had to say:
- Round Hill, VA becomes latest Appalachian Trail Community - This Saturday, June 15, Round Hill, Virginia will become the 47th town designated as part of the Appalachian Trail Community™ program of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. The program acknowledges towns that enjoy a symbiotic relationship with the trail by supporting the hiking community in spirit and in deed.
- Sign up for first dibs - The first printing of "Hermit" will sell out quickly. Sign up now for a one-time notification when the book is available.
- Who was Jim Whyte? - In 1895, a mysterious man arrived in the rural Maine town of Monson by rail. With him was a woman he introduced as his wife. The couple bought 30 acres of land high on a ridge overlooking the rail line through Bodfish Valley. One year later, Dora Whyte left town for good, leaving her
- Yup, this happened … - A funny thing happened when I sat down to "write a book about the Appalachian Trail" (the one that became my first book, Appalachian Odyssey). From the start, I thought that the path would lead me to other discoveries (like a trail always does)
- Fun interview with NF Reads - Thank you, Tony Eames for the opportunity to interview with the NF Reads website. I enjoyed doing it! Please introduce yourself and your book(s)!
- Reduce. Reuse. Re-CLIMB. — The North Face launches innovative refurbished clothing program - […]
- How do we set out to do what’s never been done before? - […]
- National Park Service Guest Blog - […]
- Happy Anniversary to the National Scenic Trails Act - […]